Saturday, January 29, 2011

Kings Canyon

Even though we are a little pushed for time my brother told us not to miss Kings Canyon so that's were we are heading.  While driving I still can't believe how big and vast this country is, it just blows my mind. When people told me you needed a few years to travel this country  I never believed them.

Kings Canyon is also known as Australia's Grand Canyon and is rapidly gaining a reputation as an essential element for a holiday in the red centre.

The main attraction is the 6kms rims walk which we decided to do separately as it was a bit too challenging for the little girls. 

Emily and I headed off early on our 1st morning.  It's a breathtaking walk around the rim of the canyon which allows you to gaze down in awe at the sandstone and venture down into the depths of the chasm. It also had some great waterholes in the exotic Garden of Eden.

No comments:

Post a Comment